Ate Len Accad and Kuya Jeng Aguinaldo II
“The man must be a leader. Because whether you like it or not, in marriage, the man should lead the woman. If he can’t lead himself, where and how much more can he lead you?” ~Len Accad
This was part of the advice I got from Ate Len as she tried to console me last time. Along with that, she also informed me that she is getting married to Kuya Jeng. I don't know, I always had the feeling that they were meant for each other the first time I saw their picture together when I was flipping through Kuya Jeng's Starbucks Planner. Ate Len has a strong personality, and Kuya Jeng is a leader.
As I watched the Bridal Shower earlier, I still couldn't believe that they would be husband and wife in nine days. Ate Len still looks like eighteen while Kuya Jeng looks like twenty-two. They met in UP Baguio, as they were both officers of Every Nation Campus Ministry (now called Lifebox). Ate Len recalled that they were really getting to know each other and enjoying themselves without the intention of looking for a partner in life.
There's just one line that they both kept on saying. Learn to wait on God. He works mysteriously and when you least expect it. And it makes a big difference to be able to offer your heart to only one person – God’s will. Plus, he/she would be the one perfect person to help you grow as you walk with God.
Seeing how they smiled, laughed and blushed earlier, and considering how much they know about each other, it's good to know that God's will is always the best and will last forever.
It kind of saddened me to know that Ate Len would be resigning from Lifebox. To which Kuya Jeng replied, "No, she'd still be here. Even if she resigns, it won't really stop her. This is her passion." See how much it does to wait on God?
A line from my favorite wedding vow:
"I promise to constantly pursue you, and make you feel loved and
wanted because you're worth it." ~ Ptr. Joseph Bonifacio (wedding vow to
Rica Carla Paralejo)
wanted because you're worth it." ~ Ptr. Joseph Bonifacio (wedding vow to
Rica Carla Paralejo)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think! :)