Monday, August 16, 2010

Psychological Interpretation

If there's one thing you shouldn't miss when you're in UP, it's the Psych Interpretation. Basically, it's all about your UPG and how you scored in the Psych Test - a different test given to measure your IQ and your attitude.

So here's what Ms. Sally Leung told me.


  • The UPG is composed of 40% of your high school grades and 60% of your UPCAT scores.

  • There are four subtests in UPCAT: Math, Science, Language Proficiency, and Reading Comprehension. If you score more than 75, then your aptitude is above average. If it's above 90, then your aptitude is superior.

  • UPG for each campus is: Diliman - 2.2 something; Manila - 2.2 something; Los Banos - 2.4; Baguio - 2.5. That's all I know :) And oh, Diliman has the highest cut-off grade.

  • The University Predicted Grade is just a prediction of the average grade you could make in UP.

  • We don't question high grades, we only question low grades.:)


Yay! My UPG is 2.3 :) Here are my scores in each subtest: Science - 94, Math - 83, Language Proficiency - 92, Reading Comprehension -89, Average - 90. My psychological interpretation turned out to have the qualities: Extrovert, Feeler, Intuitive, and Perceptive. She said my IQ was 140. Cool. Though I only guessed the answers, and they weren't intelligent guesses. (As in eenie-minie chorva lang.) She said I could be running for honors. Haha! That lifted my spirits up a bit.

Will I be transferring? I still don't know. I'm fine here in Baguio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)