Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fasting Day #2

Of God's faithfulness and the joy of my salvation.
He is faithful in my life, and He never changes even when I do. He never changes no matter where I am, literally and figuratively. I am in a storm right now. I can't do the things which I should, and I do the things which I shouldn't. But He said that I have died in my sins, and I am not a slave of sin anymore. This life I live, I only live for God.

I've been frustrated for the past month because I have lost sight of who I am in God. I have forgotten that He has given me the power to overcome. I have forgotten that when He looks at me, He doesn't see my sin, but He sees the perfection of His Son. I have forgotten that knowing what Jesus did on the cross is the greatest thing that ever happened to my life, and whatever I do, He loves me the same.


That alone is great blessing. I am in a storm, but I will praise Him. I felt that I wasn't blessed, and that I was so unfortunate to be where I am, hopeless and full of disappointment. I am in no position to feel that way because He has blessed me in so many ways, and not everyone gets to have opportunities that He gave me. I am in no position to be hopeless, because I have a God greater than any problem there is, and He will back me up. I have a Father who owns the whole earth, and He is more than willing to provide for His daughter. I am blessed because I am accepted, I am loved, and He promised that He will be with me in this storm. I am blessed because He knows how I feel, and He gave up His life for me so I may truly live.



And even though I'm walking through the valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone and I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need, He will carry me
And even though I feel so lonely, like I have never been before
You never said it would be easy, but You said You'd see me through the storm

~He Will Carry Me, Mark Schultz



PS. I'm so sorry I'm not posting my Bible references here. :) I would love to, but I am not in the mood, especially because my devotion time is in the morning. >.< These are just reflections of what He has shown me throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)