Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ten Days Baja: Day 6 - Thankfulness

I couldn't sleep last night after what happened. It was one of the most beautiful things that happened in my life. I tried to sleep, and woke up an hour after. So I just continued packing my bags, and we left Rosarito Inn at 5AM. We were with people from Virginia and Washington D.C., and their flights were early in the morning, around 9AM. The traffic was heavy in the border. When they stopped us, I told the officer that I have a student visa, and I have a new I-20 because I changed my major. He approved of everyone's passports, but he directed us to secondary inspection so they can stamp my new I-20. I didn't know I needed the stamped one. But they would never let me in without it. :P


It took them a few minutes to process my I-20, and the van had to leave me behind and race to the airport. It was okay with me, God has given me so much favor. I know the people from Virginia and Washington D.C. were worried that they would miss their flights, but I was just so sure God will make a way for them. The one who processed my document was Filipino, his last name is Exconde, and after he was done, he told me I should pay $6 at the office. I told him I didn't have any money with me, so he paid for it! I was so blessed at that time, and I didn't worry at all cause I know God will come through.

I stayed at McDonalds after crossing the border. I was kind of hungry so I prayed for breakfast. Weirdly enough, a person left his pancake untouched on the table beside me. As in he already left the place! It was so funny. But I didn't eat it, I thought someone else might need it more than I do. Pastor Dave and Tony came back for me, and we went to Chikin-Fil-A to pick up the others and continue on our way to Morning Star Christian Church in Los Angeles. When we got to Chikin-Fil-A, they already bought food for me: chicken fillet sandwich, potato fries, and a large coke. It was satisfying. Hahaha.

At Morning Star Christian Church, with the Ten Days team! :D


I was kind of troubled that my aunt won't be able to pick me up, since I had a lot of things with me. It was silly, because again, I knew God will come through for me. Kuya Jonathan offered me a ride home. God is blessing me in so many ways. But when I got home, I had all these kinds of emotions bothering me. I was filled with joy, but at the same time, I was so sad because I already miss my team mates. Why does something so beautiful have to end already? T_T

I added all of them on facebook, and I just surrendered all these feelings to God, and prayed for comfort. I was crying for an hour! Haha. But I am thankful that He has let this amazing thing happen in my life, and for doing something great inside of me. I know the hard part has just begun. And I would need so much grace to be able to focus on God at all times, and have the strength to share His love and compassion to the people around me every day. I know I would need to have total reliance on the Holy Spirit to be able to share the gospel with boldness and conviction to other people. And I pray that I would wake up every single day with a missional mindset, and so much eagerness for this great cause -- to reach the lost for Christ.

I give back all the glory to God, none of this is done by my own strength, ability or wisdom. And I thank Him for touching my heart seven years ago, and letting me know of His saving grace and unfailing love. I thank Him for never letting go of me, and for always being there for me. I thank Him that He has been faithful to work in my life ever since, that I have come to this very moment to tell people about it. And I thank Him because there's more to come.

Wherever He leads me, I will follow. He's taking me to another journey after this! Joy and I will be organizing a walk for Stop Child Trafficking Now, and I'm sure God will show me His glory once again. I'm so excited to go to another Ten Days trip. And yay! I get to partner with Manny in prayers as he goes to India for his next Ten Days trip. God has given me the heart for India, and you can be sure that someday I will go to that place to do His will. God won't give us a desire in our heart if He's not planning to fulfill it. :D

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; let everything within me praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of his benefits -- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:1-5

2 comments:

  1. Go be! God is using you in mighty ways. Continue to allow Him to mold you and work in your life. You are blessed love. I love youuuu! >:D< :* :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, too! <3 I know He is doing something great in your life, and a time will come when you will be able to tell everything God has done in your life, and people will be amazed. :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! :)