I am so confident that today is the best day of my entire trip! :) Let me start with what I did last night just before I wrote my journal entry. I was praying to God, because I knew the enemy was distracting me and attacking my weaknesses in terms of integrity (my selfishness issues, giving glory to myself than to God, thirst for attention, etc.). I was crying out to Him because I definitely cannot do it on my own, it takes so much grace from Him. So when I woke up this morning, it was gone. I felt so peaceful, that I didn't have to worry about anything. I also prayed that I would minister to a person who has been going through a lot, and a future leader in the community and the country.
As I was eating breakfast, Joy Lee told me she had a vision of me in the darkness. In the vision, I looked so confused and probably in distress, and I was turning my head to different directions because I didn't know where to go. Then she told me that she felt God wants her to tell me, "Your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear. Your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday." She was reading from Isaiah 58 at that time. She said it was a promise, as a result of true fasting. It's interesting because the room where I'm staying at is overlooking all the lights in the city. And last night I asked God, "Are these lights enough?" So when Joy told me that, I was surprised, but I didn't know what it meant (until now, actually).
Click picture to enlarge. Photo courtesy by Elaine Dimal.
(Left) People who came after we came knocking on their doors. (Right) Elaine & Sandra with beautiful girls.
Briana got bitten by a pitbull, but no deep marks! :D This girl gave a very powerful testimony that day.
After breakfast, they had people volunteer for construction at the build sites. I went with the others to our evangelism site somewhere quite near that place. And it was cool cause all the teams were together in this. We knocked on every door and every street down the park in that place. A lot of people came, but it was fewer than before. When people started sharing their testimony in public, and when Pastor Ramon preached, I just felt the Holy Spirit really moving in that place. The team prayed quietly for open hearts to receive Jesus Christ. It's amazing cause the things they said tackled almost every issue in Christianity. It was like a total covering of the Holy Spirit. I saw a boy who was listening eagerly as the pastor was talking, and the word "leader" kept repeating in my head. I knew that God has a wonderful plan for him and that he will lead people to Christ in the future. But I wasn't able to pray for him because he went away quickly.
(Left) With them guys from Morning Star Christian Church, LA. (Left) Having fun at the fiesta with Terrance PiƱata!
Then there was this woman, and everytime I looked at her, the word "darkness" was in my mind. I was choosing who to pray for between the boy and her, because we didn't have much time, and we had to go back to the main site for the fiesta. I grabbed one translator, and started praying for the woman. Her name is Victoria. I told her that God will be her hope and her strength, that He is always with her, that God loves her, and will never leave her alone. I told her that she has been through times of darkness in her life, but God will be her light. I told her that God was telling me that even though she has felt so alone and hurt, even when she thinks she can't go on anymore, God will be with her, and He knows what she is feeling. When the prayer ended, I saw that she was crying. I gave her a hug, but I didn't have the chance to ask what she was going through since I had to go to the bus. But this is what I will definitely take home with me when I leave Mexico: no matter what hardship a person is going through, it will turn their lives around when they see the truth that God knows what they feel, and he's been through even worse just to have a personal relationship with us. He is for us, and He will never leave us.
(Left) One of the beautiful families in the fiesta. (Right) Clowns presenting a skit and sharing the gospel as well.
We left the place to go to the church we just built, where the fiesta will be held. I played with the kids, blew bubbles, danced, and had so much fun! After the games and the activities, the clowns presented a skit, and I was surprised because after that, they shared the gospel in a way that just blew me away. So many kids, and even their parents, accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We started praying for the kids, and I couldn't stop crying. I had just witnessed the best altar call of my life done by clowns, with a super amazing grace from God. I felt the sincerity of the kids, and in my heart, I heard God telling me so clearly, "Don't you see what I am doing? These are the leaders that I will raise up. I have such a wonderful plan for them." I did not only minister to one future leader, but to more than a hundred! It was like something was lifted before my eyes, and I can finally see what God was doing all along. Yesterday, so many kids received Jesus in their life. But it wasn't until God revealed it to me that I realized my prayer had already been answered. If I was exploding with amazement yesterday, I am exploding with so much joy and awe for my sovereign God right now.
(Left) So many kids and parents were listening. (Center) These two have such a beautiful family.
(Right) With Valentina and Israel. She's 18 years old, pregnant with her second kid. :)
With Eduard, the kid I have been praying for. :D
When I came home, I felt the fire in me burning. We went out to eat Tacos and Quesadilla, and I told some of my team mates of the amazing things God did. Even when we got back to the hotel, I've been wanting to cry. I stayed in the room of Pastor Daniel and Mari Hernandez, and I got the chance to tell Pastor Peter (the one who led the Ten Days team) about my experience with God today. Weirdly enough, the weight was lifted. As if I just had to tell him that. He said that he remembered my name because I had a powerful testimony. That was a blessing. I knew there was a reason why I had been through those painful and shameful things that happened in my life. So He can redeem me and show the power and love that there is on the cross. He planned for this moment to happen when I will be able to share my testimony, and glorify Him.
(Left) With the guys who made my name bracelet. (Right) Authentic Mexican Quesadilla with pastor meat.
My life definitely changed. Something inside me was stirred and turned upside down, and I just know I will never be the same after this trip. God has anointed every single member of the Ten Days team to minister to people. He could've just made us follow him or destroy us in a flick of a finger, but He chose to touch our hearts; and being an instrument in this process is truly amazing. I am so grateful that God gave me a shot in this. There are so many wrong things in my life, but the only right thing that happened to me is God and His unfailing love. He is faithful to work in and through me.
"You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good, and healing all who were oppressed by the devil; for God was with Him." Acts 10:38
"God has anointed me with the Holy Spirit and with power. God is working through me to heal those who are oppressed by the devil. I speak His Word with boldness, and utterance is given to me as I open my mouth. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for He has anointed me to bring the good news to the afflicted, to bind up the brokenhearted, and to proclaim liberty to the captives. I proclaim His anointed word in power and the Holy Spirit in full conviction." (Acts 10:38; Ephesians 6:19; Isaiah 61:1; 1 Corinthians 2:4; 1 Thessalonians 1:5)
Tonight, I started looking at the lights I see from my window in a different perspective. Those lights are like the children of God, shining in the light of His glory, even in the darkness. And when they come together, they will shine like never before. I settled with that, but He promised for an even greater light. He promised I would reflect His light that the darkness I face will just be like noonday. I can't wait. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think! :)