Since we did building construction all day yesterday, we went out to the neighborhoods here in Baja today to evangelize. IT WAS SO AWESOME! I cannot explain, but God deserves my praise for His awesomeness right there. The evangelism sites were pretty far, like an hour drive from the place we were staying at.
What I wake up to every morning.
In the morning, we went out knocking on every door in the streets within a mile radius of the church in our first site. It was amazing! The people really came to the place where we told them we will be meeting. About 250 people showed up. No one even said no. It was just not what we expected. It was amazing when we saw their openness and their willingness to come and hear about God. They were so welcoming and nice. We visited a low-income government housing site, and it really opened my eyes and see how blessed these people were, that even though they didn't have the money for material things, they lived very simple lives. And the happiness that they have is just different. I'm claiming the promise of God that He hears the cries of the poor and the needy. He will rescue them and provide for them.
Click the picture to enlarge. Photo Courtesy of Elaine Dimal.
(Left) With the kids I love. Giving them the bracelets on my hand. (Right) That's how many heard the gospel in our first site.
I was really nervous, and I didn't prepare to share my testimony. But I figured God will give me the right words to say. I got to share my testimony there, about how God rescued me from guilt and shame, and the long history of sexual sin passed on by the generations before me. I told them of how His grace sustains me, and that when Jesus died, His blood covers my sin, and when God looks at me, He sees the perfection of His son. I told them that no matter what my past is, God won't love me less, and I can stop trying hard to earn God's love because nothing I do can make Him love me more that He does now. He already loves me so much. After the altar call, we gave out Bibles and Purple Books to the locals who signed up so they can be contacted by the church nearby. I prophesied peace on one girl who received Jesus, and prayed for an old woman who said, "Thank you for coming. I didn't know. I didn't know. But now I know." And it just makes my heart explode. At that point, I couldn't see my impact in what we did, but right now, I'm realizing that her soul was at stake right there. I made a difference in the life of one person. And if we didn't come, she wouldn't have known God's unfailing love and His grace that saves.
(Left) Pastor Peter Dusan and Pastor Ramon, translating English and Spanish. (Right) Bibles and Purple Books underneath. :)
Another group of people, about 250 and more, came to our second evangelism site meeting place. I was able to prophesy for hope and blessings to two people. There wasn't a church near that area, so the Baja Christian Ministries was looking for a pastor who will be overseeing the people we will be reaching out to. So there's this pastor they knew, and my friend Peter met this person. The pastor told him, "You wouldn't believe this, but three years ago, I received Christ when a group of people came to our town. But after that I moved to this far place, and all I have is a Bible and a Purple Book." See that? AMAZING! That's a divine appointment right there. That pastor received Christ when a group of people from a mission trip came to his town three years ago, and God has sent him to the town where we went. And now he has a Bible, a Purple Book, and a church of 150 people!
(Left) Going together with my team, Green Team! (Right) Started walking down the street of the second site.
Earlier today, I have seen 500 people come to know more about God, and hundreds of people give their life to Jesus Christ. God is really in control, like He hand-picked every single one of us going to this trip, and the people we'll be meeting. There are other amazing stories, but I'll leave that for the video blog. One of those things were when Elaine and I were randomly given (at the elevator) these sets of bracelets and cards that represent important things in the Bible to give out to people as we evangelized. You'd be amazed on how much that bracelet made chain reactions, divine appointments, and affected so many lives. Well, not really the bracelet, but the God who planned all this at the perfect time. And it's a privilege to be used by Him.
(Left) So many kids went in front to receive Jesus in their hearts. (Right) People listening to Claudia's testimony.
I know the other teams were really tired due to construction work, and oddly enough, I was even more tired today than yesterday. We walked from street to street to knock and invite them to hear God's word and receive a gift. I was literally dragging my feet one step forward. It was so hot, and my feet were beat. But Pastor Ramon was just so excited and we prayed for strength and energy to be able to do that for a second time. That's perseverance right there. When we came back to Rosarito Inn for fellowship and recap, God revealed something to me while worshipping. He said, "That's what I am willing to do for you. And even more, I would die on the cross for you." That touched my heart so deep, that I began to have this passion inside of me. This trip ain't over yet. I'm still waiting to minister to more people and see miracles in the days to come. I'm looking forward to prophesy to people and let God turn their lives upside down. Those who are praying for me, I want to thank you right now! Persevere in your prayers as well. I know it takes a few extra minutes to do so, but it's worth it.
"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58
"I imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. I do not lose heart in doing good, for in due time I shall reap the harvest if I do not grow weary. I run with endurance the race that is set before me, fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith."
At the end of the day, it's a personal thing, just between me and God. And I fix my eyes on Him. I couldn't have made it this far if it weren't for Him. All the glory is His. :)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think! :)