[caption id="attachment_604" align="aligncenter" width="660"]
Lunch for two! :)[/caption]Don't be fooled by what you see! This is one of the best dishes I have made. I know one person who is dying to eat this. I made pancakes, too, for snacks. :) I borrowed the cookbook Fix-It and Forget-It by Phyllis Pellman Good. It was pretty helpful, though a lot of the recipes required a lot of ingredients. Since I'm a poor student and it was spur of the moment, I kind of had to grab what's available for me. In this case: Peanut Butter!
[caption id="attachment_602" align="aligncenter" width="660"]
Prep time! :D[/caption]Indonesian Peanut Chicken by Naomi Ressler
Servings: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-qt.
Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy, or chunky, peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- cooked rice, or soba noodles
- 6 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
- 6 Tbsp. chopped sweet peppers
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- In a small bowl, combine onions, water, peanut butter, chili sauce, salt, and peppers. Pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice or soba noodles. Sprinkle with peanuts and red peppers.
[caption id="attachment_603" align="aligncenter" width="660"]
After 4 hours in the slow cooker. :)[/caption]I have to apologize for not being good in food aesthetics. I shot this picture in yellow light. I have to make do with what I have. Lol. Again, since I am a mere student with no income whatsoever, I had to leave out some of the ingredients, add some other stuff, and mix it according to my taste. These are the changes I made:
- Added a spoonful of peanut butter and water
- Added one more Tbsp. of chili sauce (Frank's Original Red Hot Pepper Sauce)
- Left out sweet chili pepper, cayenne pepper, and peanuts
- Added a pinch of sugar
- Added 1/4 Tbsp. of basil leaves and 1 Tbsp. of crushed chillies
It all lies in the sauce you make. Just make sure the peanut butter is well-mixed and that you can taste it more than the chili sauce. The crushed chili is what makes it really spicy.
Happy cooking! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think! :)