Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ten Days Baja: Day 1 - Faith

Ten Days Mission Experience

Today is our first day, and we haven't done anything much yet. I stayed at Elaine's house so we could go together to our church at Morning Star Christian Church. The team occupied two vans, and I had the back seat of one van all to myself! Haha. I just slept my way to San Diego Airport. But we stopped over Chikin-Fil-A, and it was awesomeee.

We arrived and checked ourselves in with Kerren Barker, so we'd know our teams and our room numbers. I'm in green team! Yay! :) I actually hoped I'd be in a team with strangers so I'd be able to build new relationships. We were staying at Oceana Casa Del Mar, but we'll use the name Rosarito Inn for short. My room mates were Elaine, Alex, Angela, and Raquel. Our room is a freakin' mansion! Hahaha. We have a two-storey, four-bedroom, super complete condo to ourselves for five days. Though no one occupies the reject room at the ground floor. Angela and Raquel's room has this huge closet and bathroom. I have an enormous room all to myself. Plus we were right by the beach, and the pool downstairs. We have also been well fed. I've had two takes of the tender chicken with mushroom sauce. And we'll be having buffet breakfasts every morning, lunch delivered to the build sites, and dinner. Totally not what I expected.


Though that's not what I've been waiting for. I'm so excited for what will happen tomorrow and what we'll be doing. Honestly, it's scary. Preparing for Ten Days Baja really stretched my faith in God when it comes to finances. He has provided so much already, and I totally flaked out when it comes to the thought of asking money from people, until God revealed to me that I'm actually presenting an opportunity for my partners to also step out of their comfort zones, obey God, and give. I've completed my goal, and received even more, which I used to buy gifts for the kids and the locals.

But I've had this feeling all along that I was totally unprepared, even now. I felt as if I won't make a difference, and that nothing great will happen. But I'm standing in faith that God will just blow me away by what He'll be doing in the next five days. I am in faith that great things will happen even when I don't feel like it. I will not waver in unbelief, and I am standing on the promises of God. He is able to fulfill them, and He will fulfill them because He loves the people here in Baja. I am believing for a great harvest when we go and share the gospel to the locals. All things are possible to me because I believe. I have faith the size of a mustard seed and nothing is impossible to me. :)

So if you're reading this, pray for the faith of the Ten Days team. And stand in faith with us, that lives will be changed for the glory of God. And also pray God will give me vision, that I would see the people of Baja as God sees them, with so much love, and so much potential to bring glory to His name. Pray that I'd come before God with a broken, crushed heart for the people in Baja, and with compassion on them.

"Why was it, O sea, that you fled, O Jordan, that you turned back, you mountains, that you skipped like rams, you hills, like lambs? Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob, who turned the rock into a pool, the hard rock into springs of water." Psalm 114:5-8

That's how great God is, and you and I will be experiencing that in the days to come. See youuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)