Friday, October 14, 2011

Rainy Nights


Internet Photo

Last night was like this. I came home from a party when it suddenly rained harder. My best friend walked me home, and we both didn't have an umbrella. The streets were bare, and I've always enjoyed the rain at times like this. The lamp posts were lit up, and you could see through the orange lights how the tears of heaven trickle down the road. And you wouldn't hear a single thing except the beat of dripping water from the skies, and the rhythm of our own laughter.

I didn't catch a cold. Haha, I'm kind of immune when it comes to the rain. I would go out at 5:00 in the morning just to soak myself up. I would dance Jai Ho as kids run around the neighborhood splashing rainwater all around. When I was in Korea, and my black Grosser Schaten umbrella got stolen (boohoo!), I gladly walked by myself in the heavy pouring rain even when the night was cold and I knew I was going to ride an airconditioned bus for the next two hours.

There's just something special about the rain that I can't explain. The most special moments of my life happened on rainy days. Do you have crazy theories or inspiring stories involving the rain? Go on, tell me. And I might just tell you mine.

Either comment below or email me at rainfallfrustrations@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)